Primecoin (XPM) > Getting started guides Primecoin

**Quick Guide!** - How to mine Primecoin

<< < (17/25) > >>

atariguy:

--- Quote from: FuzzyBear on July 08, 2013, 10:33:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: coinchart on July 08, 2013, 09:41:10 pm ---Mine are still showing as immature.   Not showing as unconfirmed or in balance yet. 

Could anyone comment?

--- End quote ---

Mined blocks take something like 3000 confirmations for primecoin i believe.

So just wait it out and you will get your coins in your wallet soon enough :)

One thing u can do is see how many confirmations you have on each block u mined... go to the transactions page and hover the mouse over the block stopclock on the left hand side..... or go to the debug window and type "listtransactions" and you will see the number of confirms there.

FuzzyBear

--- End quote ---

Do the confirmations come from other miners, or do you have to keep mining until all 3,000 confirmations are done?

FuzzyBear:

--- Quote from: atariguy on August 12, 2013, 03:59:39 pm ---
--- Quote from: FuzzyBear on July 08, 2013, 10:33:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: coinchart on July 08, 2013, 09:41:10 pm ---Mine are still showing as immature.   Not showing as unconfirmed or in balance yet. 

Could anyone comment?

--- End quote ---

Mined blocks take something like 3000 confirmations for primecoin i believe.

So just wait it out and you will get your coins in your wallet soon enough :)

One thing u can do is see how many confirmations you have on each block u mined... go to the transactions page and hover the mouse over the block stopclock on the left hand side..... or go to the debug window and type "listtransactions" and you will see the number of confirms there.

FuzzyBear

--- End quote ---

Do the confirmations come from other miners, or do you have to keep mining until all 3,000 confirmations are done?

--- End quote ---
confirmations come from other miners... the confirmations is the count of blocks between the current latest block on the chain and your block you are interested in.

FuzzyBear

ekco:

--- Quote from: FoldingTime on August 10, 2013, 01:40:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: theDF on August 08, 2013, 03:30:44 am ---Hi there!
Im new here, is it possible running a XPM mining on VPS without using high/full CPU resources? Im trying to make it run maks 50% of the CPU resources to keep my VPS alive without getting banned because use 100% of it resources 24/7.
Thank in advance!

--- End quote ---
When you hire a VPS you can use all the resources you want. Don't worry about keeping it at 100% CPU as they won't or shouldn't kick you off.

If your on Unix/Linux then use nice, if Windows then use set priority in task manager on the process to enable other tasks to take priority.

If you just want to use half the CPUs available then use -t switch on Unix/Linux or setgenerate true 2 on Windows. Change 2 to whatever number of threads you want (e.g. half the number of cores)

--- End quote ---

neither of these is correct. OpenVZ hosting providers will ban if cpu usage > 90% for longer than 15 mins, generally.

The way to avoid this is to use 'cpulimit' - I have the best luck opening a session with screen, invoking primecoind --daemon, calling top to get the PID, then running 'cpulimit -p $PID -l 70'.

This limits the cpu util to 70%, with the occasional burst.

mg4637:
Noob here

{
"blocks" : 125172,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"primespersec" : 0,
"chainsperday" : 0.00000000,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

Am I doing this right i need some coins.

atariguy:
If the numbers change from 0 after it's been going for a few minutes, you're probably doing it right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version