Author Topic: No block source available  (Read 9428 times)

Offline sinciityxx

• Hello I'm new here
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: No block source available
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 08:07:47 pm »
try going to settings/options/network then making sure the proxy tab is not checked and only the upnp is. I had the same issue until I figured this out. It seems to be working just find now. I had a problem with it not being able to uncheck it. Finally I just unchecked it then clicked ok instead of apply and reset it. No problems so far, good luck :D
sin

Offline primecoinkilla

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 01:18:09 pm »
I had the same issue.  "no block source available".  I backed up my wallet.dat file.  reloaded the primecoin qt on a different pc and presto, it sycs.  now my issues is I don't know how to import my private keys to transfer my funds ? 

if anyone knows how to load a wallet.dat file using xpm wallet, info would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline FuzzyBear

• Forum Operator
  • Administrator
  • No life but Peercoin!!
  • Referrals: 14
    • View Profile
    • Peercoin Open Source Services
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 01:54:05 pm »
I had the same issue.  "no block source available".  I backed up my wallet.dat file.  reloaded the primecoin qt on a different pc and presto, it sycs.  now my issues is I don't know how to import my private keys to transfer my funds ? 

if anyone knows how to load a wallet.dat file using xpm wallet, info would be greatly appreciated.
just save the wallet.dat file on the PC with all your coins in to a USB stick.. and transfer it to you new PC... I take it you are running windows OS?? if so you want to open a windows explorer and type
Code: [Select]
%AppData%this will take you to your Roaming folder.. then find primecoin... and in there is your wallet.dat file.

Please make sure you back this file up and save it somewhere as this is where one careless overwrite could loose you all your coins.

Fuzzybear
BTC: 1FuzzySGvFZwnycoknVqL5YTPMSqf4es8X |
PPC: PDonateqDhgBW4tbYpVXErQrBGVoqBroFi
Peercoin Open Source Services

Offline primecoinkilla

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 02:10:43 pm »
Thank you.  yes, I use a Windows OS.  I will try it.  I thought it would have an import option like bitcoin wallets.  so I got a little lost.  I will update when I try.  thank you

Offline primecoinkilla

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »

just save the wallet.dat file on the PC with all your coins in to a USB stick.. and transfer it to you new PC... I take it you are running windows OS?? if so you want to open a windows explorer and type
%AppData%this will take you to your Roaming folder.. then find primecoin... and in there is your wallet.dat file.

Please make sure you back this file up and save it somewhere as this is where one careless overwrite could loose you all your coins.

Fuzzybear

hi fuzzybear,  I have saved my wallet.dat file, and have transferred it to a usb stick, I have tried placing the file on the new pc..but I am not sure how to import it into the wallet ?  i don't see a "import keys" options.....if you or anyone else can successfully assist me in importing my backup I will send you 2 xpm coins.     thanks in advance.

Offline Candypool.net

• View Profile
    • Candypool.net - Primecoin pool
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 04:26:56 pm »
Hi primecoinkilla,

open explorer and put this in the adressbar:
%Appdata%/primecoin

Overwrite the wallet.dat that is inside of this folder with the one you have on your usb stick.

Edit: if you are overwriting your wallet.dat with the one from the usb you don't need a option to import your private keys.
Your private keys are whats inside the wallet.dat file.

XPM Adress:
ASaTV7vXkco47Fn86YetWWe5AY73dd1VRB

have fun !

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:28:41 pm by Candypool.net »

Offline primecoinkilla

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 05:11:21 pm »
Hi CandyPool, when I get home I will try it.  If it works, and I hope it does, I will send you 2 xpm's.  thanks for help.  worst case scenario....do you want to teamviewer if I cannot get it going ? 

Offline primecoinkilla

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 03:36:31 am »
candypool, I still have not tried bro...as soon as I do, I will post results and pay up if it works.   

Offline primecoinkilla

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 12:44:18 pm »
Hi primecoinkilla,

open explorer and put this in the adressbar:
%Appdata%/primecoin

Overwrite the wallet.dat that is inside of this folder with the one you have on your usb stick.

Edit: if you are overwriting your wallet.dat with the one from the usb you don't need a option to import your private keys.
Your private keys are whats inside the wallet.dat file.

XPM Adress:
ASaTV7vXkco47Fn86YetWWe5AY73dd1VRB

have fun !

worked !  payment sent.  thank you

Offline wbaw

• View Profile
    • ID Coin
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 06:17:42 am »
If anybody needs some nodes there's this one: