Author Topic: [ANN] beeeeer.org - PPS Primecoin pool! (no signup required)  (Read 303184 times)

Offline CoinBuzz

• Hello I'm new here
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: [ANN] beeeeer.org - Primecoin mining pool!
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2013, 06:54:55 am »
I cannot connect to the pool

whats your problem?

I'm using windows x64, but got this error:

server returned HTTP error 403

Offline patapato

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2013, 07:00:57 am »
@theprofileth, the problem of equal share value was first exposed in the yPool forum in this thread, in which someone wrote:
v6 has stayed pretty close in xpm income to v4 but with a lot more solved blocks. based on the total xpm income for the past 36 hours, i have to say v4 makes the miner more primecoins and v6 solves a LOT more blocks for the pool.

there is an equal amount of processing power allocated to each version. both versions of the miner are running with default settings.
to compare numbers:

v4 has 41 blocks found and 409 primecoins credited to the account.
--basically even with solo mining if i add the donation to the total

v6 has 51 blocks found and 370 credited to the account
--obviously this version is MUCH better at finding blocks and better for the pool over all. unfortunately, the share handling is killing this miner's profit potential.

You can see that the advantage of v4 versus v6 (versions of jhPrimeminer, by Mumus) was just 409/370 = 10.5 %. Also, it was counting several lengths of chains, say 6,7,8 and 9. So, the difference in primecoins if we count just consecutive lengths could be about 1.105^(1/3) = 3.4%.

In any case,  it is less than 9/8 = 12.5%, and less than 8/7, 7/6 or 6/5. So, with just a share value proportional to the chain length the problem will be solved.

And a proportional value is a better measure of the computing work contributed by each participant, whilst an exponential valuation will depend on the luck each time, mainly for the small workers. Also, exponential valuation will give huge variance to the pool (yPool cuts its exponential valuation for lengths greater than 9 to avoid an unaffordable variance for the pool operator).
BTC: 1MvUuyKPsYfQNZdLjeQsTXJNgJNbQ9WfEN
XPM: AR6KspfAMxLgyLh8QMjohDwiXVxKg2ZYEj

Offline Grekk

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2013, 09:58:07 am »
down again :(

Offline pt0x

• I love arepas
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2013, 01:47:18 pm »
hgrrllmpf , i guess it's time for v0.2 of the miner (& pool) >:( stay tuned

- xolokram

Looking forward to that!

PD: Yesterday I tweaked my IPTables, changed the lines from session new,established to just leave the traffic completely open to ports 9912 and 9999 on the routing firewall. I still get a lot rejects and this message on the log:

[REQUEST] reply empty / long-poll timeout (re-polling!)

Maybe NAT it's causing this?

Good luck with the upgrade!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:24:02 pm by pt0x »
BTC: 1JYWdPdaQy4kLWwzNR7xtPdMzaJ89qXfeR
LTC: LUBThsrxYggZY3amoyNrnuicmR8pFrSysp
XPM: APHzYiVovbXdkzjg8gdqmjuuvfz6fEtaJh

Offline theprofileth

• B(e^5)r ideas man ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2013, 06:39:33 pm »
@patapato
You do realize that 51/41 is 24% more blocks while receiving 370/409 which is %10 less. This is a HUGE disparity that existed even when there were weighting on shares that was proportional at a factor of about 1/8 iirc either way an exponential system can be more easily rescaled easily when compared to the rounding that occurs with fractions I mean how can one reduce 683 * 6/5 + 87* 7/6 + 7* 8/7
You can't is the answer. Rounding is far more harmful for small miners as they are losing out on a larger percentage of their shares over time than larger miners, further more the operational variance is lowered due to the fact that you aren't paying out losers in high amounts. You reward those that succeed not those that want to game the system. Furthermore this system actually works with higher tier chains where as I said before a 16 length chain would only be worth 16/15 which is actually less than 6/5 as your system has the most crucial flaw of not understanding that a a fraction n+1/n will forever shrink down infinitely. Furthermore you seem to misunderstand that a PPLNS has no operational risk which is why ypool uses it not, proportional share values has nothing to do with his. Please do some homework before continuing this line of thought.
Edit: Speaking in terms of optimization, furthermore as mentioned in the system the score accumulated between blocks can be rescaled equally each time a block is found in order to prevent overflow plus it would help to provide a more accurate payout estimate using this system.
Also a note on "fairness"
Let us assume that every single miner were to use the exact same rig and the exact same settings and mine for the exact same amount of time and that the only element of chance was generated through the prime generation. If we used a 1:1 share value in this situation, each person puts in the same amount of effort for finding a block and thus the variance is split between each one and their payouts would be approximately the same regardless of who found the block or who put in what, as long as the number of shares was about the same. Now imagine this community attempting to tackle a length 16 chain. They might spend literally months attempting to get the block and again this would then have everyone payed out equally. Now lets imagine a that in this community someone found out how to submit lots of lower chains so that when that 16 chain block was found they got more than half of the block. Obviously the community now has to weigh their shares to avoid such exploitation, however they only change the weights by a proportional value so each chain down from the target is worth 25% of the previous such that four 6 chains equal one 7 chain. Now this time around that one person does their method of mass chain submitting and while they don't get half of the reward, they still get a larger portion than they should simply due to the fact that it is much easier to submit four smaller chains than 1 larger chain especially over the course of a long period of time.
Now lets look at a more realistic example, if everyone can target their chain lengths and each chain length increase is essentially a ten fold increase in difficulty why would the payout be anything less than a ten fold increase for a higher chain compared to a lower chain? Furthermore this method in fact motivates people to aim for higher chains and further the pool as a whole which mind you, does benefit small miners as they get payed out every block found and thus more blocks means more payouts not just for the giants but also for the common folk. The goal of primecoin pools shouldn't be to allow leaches to steal from those who actually are contributing, if you allow chain spamming then you are essentially enabling pool hopping without even having to leave the pool as it is more profitable to spam low values than to actually aim for higher ones. Furthermore even if xolokram wanted to be nice and later allows a very low minimum chain length for submitting, this system would allow it not to negatively impact anyone and instead would simply allow for a more precise payout/hashrate.
On the topic of min chain length essentially the lower the min chain length the lower the payout variance (if an exponential value system is used) due to the fact that people's work is being accurately estimated however it does raise the operating cost by having to handle an exponential amount of increased submitted shares (regardless of value weighting the amount of 5 chain's found per hour is 10 fold the amount of 6 chains) so with the proper infrastructure in place the min could be set up to 4 levels lower than the target (ie one level lower than it is currently) IF AND ONLY IF the amount that the servers can take before crashing is at least another ten fold of the current. And given the current status of the servers dying pretty much daily I would say that ten times would have to be a minimum.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:38:33 pm by theprofileth »
1AhYPBBQxQXm344TeQaNGqPrEcFDtEMcEn BTC
If you feel like you want to give (I don't know why you would)
Y3aLeW9MDkyJ7G86dgDjQLZVpxuUaxBGhf YAC
AXqd93yVkTZfZuxJtdtf4cY8yQnKgMCPjv XMP

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • beeeeer.org - XPM Mining Pool
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2013, 08:57:40 pm »
hi

just a quick note: i'm coding a new protocol for the miner<->pool communication. one that actually scales :)
at the moment, we have to stick to the (unbearable) state of the server. i hope i will release the new version tomorrow.
failing reconnects & (99%) rejects should be history then.

- xolokram

ps. i shouldn't raise too much hope :D
pps. everything will crash (as it's not doing it already!?) & it'll suck ;D
ppps. some good thoughts are going on here
beeeeer.org - beeeeer's GPU miner!
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo | XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd

Offline pt0x

• I love arepas
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »
hi

just a quick note: i'm coding a new protocol for the miner<->pool communication. one that actually scales :)
at the moment, we have to stick to the (unbearable) state of the server. i hope i will release the new version tomorrow.
failing reconnects & (99%) rejects should be history then.

- xolokram

ps. i shouldn't raise too much hope :D
pps. everything will crash (as it's not doing it already!?) & it'll suck ;D
ppps. some good thoughts are going on here

Now it's clear why you wanted to keep this pool low profile.

It has worked good so far,  given the beta condition. We are finding an average of 2 blocks per every 1000 increase.

cheers!

Offline Grekk

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2013, 09:59:20 pm »
Help me please)
Code: [Select]
GeneratePrimeTable() : setting nSieveExtensions = 6, nSievePercentage = 10, nSieveSize = 1000000
GeneratePrimeTable() : prime table [1, 1000000] generated with 78498 primes
establishing TCP connection to 5.45.100.191:9912
operation_aborted @ tcp_handle_read_header
closing TCP connection:
done.
spawning 4 worker thread(s)
[WORKER0] Hello, World!
[WORKER1] Hello, World!
connection not available
[WORKER0] GoGoGo!
[WORKER1] GoGoGo!
PrimecoinMiner started
[WORKER3] Hello, World!
[WORKERPrimecoinMiner started
[WORKER3] GoGoGo!
2] Hello, World!
[WORKER2] GoGoGo!
PrimecoinMiner started
PrimecoinMiner started

Offline pt0x

• I love arepas
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2013, 10:46:53 pm »
Help me please)
GeneratePrimeTable() : setting nSieveExtensions = 6, nSievePercentage = 10, nSieveSize = 1000000
GeneratePrimeTable() : prime table [1, 1000000] generated with 78498 primes
establishing TCP connection to 5.45.100.191:9912
operation_aborted @ tcp_handle_read_header
closing TCP connection:
done.
spawning 4 worker thread(s)
[WORKER0] Hello, World!
[WORKER1] Hello, World!
connection not available
[WORKER0] GoGoGo!
[WORKER1] GoGoGo!
PrimecoinMiner started
[WORKER3] Hello, World!
[WORKERPrimecoinMiner started
[WORKER3] GoGoGo!
2] Hello, World!
[WORKER2] GoGoGo!
PrimecoinMiner started
PrimecoinMiner started

Looks like something it's blocking your comunications.

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2013, 10:47:52 pm »
do not use the current source code (from bitbucket) on beeeeer.org
i will tell you when the server is ready :)

- xolokram
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo | XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd

Offline refer_2_me

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2013, 11:59:04 pm »
I'm getting the following compiler error on ubuntu 13.04.

obj/main.o: In function `BitcoinMiner(CWallet*, CBlockProvider*, unsigned int)':
main.cpp:(.text+0x1de69): undefined reference to `CBlockProvider::submitBlock(CBlock*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [primecoind] Error 1

Any ideas?

Offline tim

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2013, 12:55:24 am »
I'm getting the following compiler error on ubuntu 13.04.

obj/main.o: In function `BitcoinMiner(CWallet*, CBlockProvider*, unsigned int)':
main.cpp:(.text+0x1de69): undefined reference to `CBlockProvider::submitBlock(CBlock*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [primecoind] Error 1

Any ideas?

are you compiling it as:
make -f makefile.unix primeminer
forgetting primeminer on the end was giving me issues.

Offline Grekk

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2013, 06:58:18 am »
do not use the current source code (from bitbucket) on beeeeer.org
i will tell you when the server is ready :)

- xolokram
xe-xe) Ok i understand.

Offline Roger3636

• Still busy mining!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2013, 11:46:29 am »
Down again

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2013, 11:56:50 am »
<maintenance>

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

Peercoin.net Official Peercoin Website