Author Topic: Private PrimeCoin Pool [HowTO]  (Read 18259 times)

Offline optimusprime

• Hello I'm new here
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Private PrimeCoin Pool [HowTO]
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 01:12:54 pm »
That one is kinda old, no getblock and no -xpm

Yea i discovered after posting.

Offline oleg

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 06:43:26 am »
Yes, it really works!

I've already found my first block  in this way

There are some questions:

1) Where can I find the number and id connected miners to the  main wallet?

2)  Where can I find the performance of each miner?

3)  Where can I find the performance of entire my pool?

4) How change  number of used threads  (optin - t) "on the fly" in jhPrimeminer?

Offline MUTO

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 10:36:18 am »
1) You have to count your miners.

2) Only in the minter itself.

3) You have to sum the performance of each of your miners. Centralized you could only calculate a block/day value, which will have a big variance.

4) I donĀ“t know.

-----

I found 6 Blocks in 4 days, but now waiting for the 7th block for almost three days :D . That's the kind of variance you have to stand when solomining. Looking forward to beeeeer beeing online again.
PPC PMUevEd9XSFQsJbyLEHhHy5xFQxY4YS9Zv
XPM ARShge2XQiHpUQ5q4jk75q38ddF3msr6rP

Offline slanjer11

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 01:37:08 pm »

On my case I cant get this setup stable.. after like ~12 hours seems like the RPC thread of the primecoind crashes. Even trying to exit my wallet, that thread wont die until I force it via the Process Explorer. Ive tried the official 1.2 wallet and the HP11 wallets on Windows 8.1 64bits

On the jhprimeminers I just get
Code: [Select]
UpdateWork(GetBlockTemplate) failed.

Might fire up my wallet on a Linux VM just to see if the windows builds is having this issues

I keep getting the same errors, I've tried a Windows server and Linux server, used Primecoin HP and standard Primecoin builds from sunnyking, tried 32-bit and 64-bit builds and keep getting the same issues.
Does anyone have a stable build?

It seems to be fine when I only connect 1 machine, but when I try and use all my machines (25), then the same error occurs. It's rather annoying.  :-\

Any ideas?

Offline slanjer11

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 11:33:24 am »

On my case I cant get this setup stable.. after like ~12 hours seems like the RPC thread of the primecoind crashes. Even trying to exit my wallet, that thread wont die until I force it via the Process Explorer. Ive tried the official 1.2 wallet and the HP11 wallets on Windows 8.1 64bits

On the jhprimeminers I just get

Might fire up my wallet on a Linux VM just to see if the windows builds is having this issues

I keep getting the same errors, I've tried a Windows server and Linux server, used Primecoin HP and standard Primecoin builds from sunnyking, tried 32-bit and 64-bit builds and keep getting the same issues.
Does anyone have a stable build?

It seems to be fine when I only connect 1 machine, but when I try and use all my machines (25), then the same error occurs. It's rather annoying.  :-\

Any ideas?

OK, I think it was to do with the rpcthreads option in primecoin.conf. I added rpcthreads=1024 to my primecoin.conf, all seems well now...

EDIT: Spoke too soon, same problem happens again after nearly an hour  ::)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:33:22 pm by slanjer11 »

Offline slanjer11

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2013, 09:16:57 pm »
I believe there is an issue with RPC connections not being disconnected when needed thus once all the threads are used up then the primecoin RPC server just stops responding.

I believe this was an issue before with bitcoin but I am digging up more details and testing my changes to the source code for primecoind.

I'll post an update on this thread with my findings :)

Offline slanjer11

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2013, 12:27:38 am »
OK, I think I found a fix!

I made a few changes to the source code, I've attached the files that have been updated, it should be placed in the src folder and you will need to compile primecoind yourself :)

Been testing it for the past few hours, seems OK now, it is SunnyKing's version that I've compiled and not HP version, but I wasn't going to mine on my server anyway ;)

I'll test for a few more hours and see how it goes hmm...

EDIT: Spoke to soon again, same issue. Will make some more changes and keep testing, I'm not exactly a coder lol
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:47:55 am by slanjer11 »

Offline Sy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 11:28:53 am »
I've just downloaded the official release v0.1.2xpm-beta, running on windows for ~2 weeks now, accepting connections from 7-10 rde miners just fine - found 11 blocks so far.
cgminer Monitoring
beeeeer.org stats

XPM: AePRWBYdhAyURqBTeiACUoMRryjQhu5Sx3

Offline optimusprime

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 11:57:10 am »
OK, I think I found a fix!

I made a few changes to the source code, I've attached the files that have been updated, it should be placed in the src folder and you will need to compile primecoind yourself :)

Been testing it for the past few hours, seems OK now, it is SunnyKing's version that I've compiled and not HP version, but I wasn't going to mine on my server anyway ;)

I'll test for a few more hours and see how it goes hmm...

EDIT: Spoke to soon again, same issue. Will make some more changes and keep testing, I'm not exactly a coder lol

This is great, effort, I got mine stable by just restarting it. It just stabilized itself it seems .

Offline optimusprime

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 11:58:41 am »
I've just downloaded the official release v0.1.2xpm-beta, running on windows for ~2 weeks now, accepting connections from 7-10 rde miners just fine - found 11 blocks so far.

Home many chains/day does each of your machines do ?

Offline Sy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 10:30:59 pm »
Total is around 10-12 i think, rdes miner doesnt show chains/day so its hard to say...
cgminer Monitoring
beeeeer.org stats

XPM: AePRWBYdhAyURqBTeiACUoMRryjQhu5Sx3

Offline optimusprime

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 03:12:09 am »
Total is around 10-12 i think, rdes miner doesnt show chains/day so its hard to say...

Thanks fair enough. I think i am doing around 10 chains/day. That was some good luck. I only found 3 but I only mined for a few days. Will give back solo a try.

Offline optimusprime

• Hello I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 12:55:15 pm »
Not all 9 chains  found results in a block found while solo mining it seems . btctarget is set at 9 using jhPrimeminer

Offline icedaddy

• Hobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2013, 01:03:11 am »
I could also gather that RPC does not work with the current  PrimeCoin clients so you cannot simply start your wallet and connect other workers to it using the ip, rpcusername and rpcpassword. Has this changed ? Also are there plans to have this implemented ?   
Actually you can by now. Recently I added support for the GetBlockTemplate/SubmitBlock protocol to Mumus miner. Unlike GetWork this protocol works fine with standard Primecoin-Qt.

Since Rdebourbon added the code too I would recommend using his miner. Just download the most recent version from here.

I assume you already know how to setup the config for solo mining, but I'll explain it anyway in case someone else wants to try it:

Navigate to the Primecoin data directory (the one where the wallet.dat is located)
On Windows you can find this directory at C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Primecoin

In this directory create a file primecoin.conf with the following contents:
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8332
server=1

After that start the wallet client and wait for it to finish synchronizing.
Then start your miner using the following command:
jhPrimeminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8332 -u rpcuser -p rpcpassword -xpm <your_wallet_address>The wallet address for the -xpm parameter can be any valid address. It doesn't need to be from the same wallet and it doesn't even need to be your own. But only the wallet that knows this address will see the mined blocks.

In case you want to have multiple machines connect to a single wallet you can set the rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 parameter in the config to just rpcallowip=* which means that external computers are allowed to connect.

No version of jhprimeminer I can find supports this; all say -xpm in invalid. Can somebody point me to a link a version for windows that supports this?
BTC 1PXZvfSFrn4wWHTjwW2ygxK5DVQjs6wFNz
XPM ASdRf38UCREWPxYd1nVTUC7XyTY2hPMApF

Offline irritant

• Volunpeer
  • Vault Hunter
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
peerbox
toxim: 9D87437B60184C56092ED3DEF93FB3C7B5D1849DFE83BC0473814E3A78EE1043DB2B7F87E0CB
p4c: i56EaRX4QE47

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

Peercoin.net Official Peercoin Website